January Breakfast Holidays
Yes, Breakfast Holidays Are Celebrated World-Wide
Pick your Favorite Breakfast And Celebrate With Breakfast Holiday in January!
… What’s on YOUR Menu!
Oatmeal Month – Not just A Breakfast HoliDAY – A Breakfast Holiday Month!
January is a decidedly healthy month – National Oatmeal Month. The origin of this breakfast holiday is mysterious, but it seems that a wildly popular and long standing oatmeal company decided that the universe is to have this one month long breakfast holiday.
They give bragging rights to these often quoted tidbits:
1 – “Traditionally, more oatmeal is consumed in January than any other month. Perhaps this has a lot to do with those New Year resolutions to eat healthier and lose weight that we all make.”
2 – “Oatmeal Month is a time to remember that oats are more than a nutritious breakfast cereal; they’re also a convenient, versatile and good-for-you cooking and baking ingredient.”
3 – “Who eats the most Oatmeal – According to the USA, Vermont does.
Oats were first brought to North America with other grains in 1602 and planted on the Elizabeth Islands off the coast of Massachusetts.
But it is the ancient Greek civilizations who are recognized as being the first civilizations to create porridge by grinding oats.”
Oatmeal Breakfast Benefits Include:
- Provides high levels of fiber, low levels of fat, and high levels of protein.
- Removes your bad cholesterol
- Contains lignans (chemical compounds found in plants) which protect against heart disease and cancer
- Protects against heart failure.
- Enhances immune response to disease.
- Lowers Risk of Diabetes
- Prevents Breast Cancer
- Oats are a good source of many nutrients including vitamin E, zinc, selenium, copper, iron, manganese and magnesium
- May help reduce high blood pressure.
- Easy To Fix, Grrrrreeeaaaatttt to Eat!