Yes, Breakfast Holidays Are Celebrated World-Wide
Pick your Favorite Breakfast And Celebrate With Breakfast Holiday in May!
… What’s on YOUR Menu!
National Egg Month
A celebration that lasts all month long
May has been declared National Egg Month by the American Egg Board. It originated as a campaign to boost the lagging egg sales that inevitably follow Easter – the season with the highest volume of eggs sales.
11 REASONS TO EAT EGGS:
- Eggs are fairly inexpensive
- Eggs Make Numerous Meals and dishes
- Eggs take only minutes to prepare
- Eggs will improve your concentration by helping to create a balanced diet
- Egg choline helps stimulate brain function – This translates to brain power!
- Eggs just taste good
- Egg antioxidents lutein and zexanthin are said to protect eyes from the harmful suns ultraviolet rays, as well as reduce cataract risks and macular eye degeneration primarily related to age-degeneration.
- Eggs are quick protein, giving your sytstem a welcome shot of energy, with portions small enough to be filling, and also to help you maintain a healthy weight. Large eggs only have 1.5 g saturated fat and none (zero) trans fat.
- Eggs are a multivitamin containing these 14 elements: Cholin, Folate, Iron, Lutein, Zexanthin, Niacin, Omego-3 fats, Protein, Riboflavin, Zinc, and Vitamins A, B-12, D, and E.
- Eggs are easy to keep fresh.
- Eggs give you choices – raw, scrambled, poached, over easy, boiled, . . . .